[EDIT] a new version compatible with Arduino and ESP8266 and adding infrared is available here
The goal of the Arduino 433toMQTTto433 is to act as a gateway between 433Mhz sensors and a MQTT broker or between the MQTT broker and 433Mhz actuators, It enables to:
- receive MQTT data from a topic and send RF 433Mhz signal corresponding to the received MQTT data
- publish MQTT data to a different topic related to received 433Mhz signal
It can be an interesting part in an home automation system so as to interface sensors and actuators with software like openhab.
The interest of putting this gateway to an arduino and not on a raspberry pi is to be able to manage security actions at arduino level (power on a siren, cut power to certain devices) following RF data received by sensors without being dependent to the PI for security related actions.
- Arduino UNO
- W5100 Ethernet shield
- 433Mhz Receiver XD RF 5V and transmitter FS1000A
Transmitter VCC must be plugged to pin 9, signal to pin 10, Receiver signal to pin 2
Here is the schematic:
In real life:
- Subscribe to the subject for data reiception from RF signal
- Send data by MQTT to convert it on RF signal
Arduino serial data received when publishing data by MQTT